Kev and Nick are joined by guest Richard Yates to discuss the new Nokia Windows Phones devices announced at Nokia World and Ten days on after release, we chat about our experiences with Siri and battery life on the new Apple iPhone 4S. (more…)
Podcast - (4 Comments)
As per TTUK 20 here is what I did to massively improve battery life.
- Reset Network Settings: Tap on “Settings” > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Disable Bluetooth: Settings > General > Bluetooth > “OFF”
- Disable unwated Notifications & apps: Settings > Notifications > Turn OFF for anything you don’t need
- Disable Location Service: Settings > Location Services > Disable selectively for services you don’t use
- Disable Timezone Adjustment: Tap on “Settings” > “Location Services” > ‘System Services’ > Setting Time Zone to OFF
- Disable Ping: Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Ping > OFF
- Disable Diagnostic & Usage Reports: Tap on “Settings” > General > About > Diagnostic & Usage > Don’t Send
- Disable Email accounts by heading to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Account Name > Delete Account. Once done, reset network settings (the first tip up there) then reboot your device and re-add your accounts back from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Disabled the Siri feature to work when you bring it to your face, so now you have to press the button, which is fine by me.